[Skip to content]


Contact us


Many public and private organisations manage the countryside of East Yorkshire.  Use the information below to direct your questions and comments to the relevant organisation/person.


Reporting An Issue With a Public Right of Way

As a council we protect and maintain recorded rights of way as shown on the definitive map.  The rights of way are maintained to a condition that is consistent with their purpose and their level of use. Please contact us with questions and comments about rights of way.


Contact the Public Rights of Way team.



Website Issues

Please visit our Help page for videos and help-guides on using this website.  If you find problems with this site, such as missing pages or broken links, please e-mail us at:-


Email: web@eastriding.gov.uk 


Reporting an Issue With a Highway

As a council we maintain all adopted highways within the East Riding, except for the trunk roads and motorways (these are operated by the Highways Agency and its consultants on behalf of the Department of Transport).  We undertake routine road inspections, but not every day.  We also respond when members of the public contact us about the condition of roads.


Read further information or report an issue.



The Definitive Map

As a council we maintain the Definitive Map and Statement (the legal record of public rights of way, PROW) and develop the PROW network.  This work is done by the Definitive Map team.


Read more information and contact details.



Tell Us How It Is

East Riding of Yorkshire Council prides itself on being forward-thinking and providing services of the highest quality in line with our customers’ needs.  By telling us how we are doing, you can help to shape the future of our services.


Visit East Riding of Yorkshire Council contact page.