By joining the partnership, businesses are demonstrating a commitment to customer care and fair trading.
All businesses in the Partnership will agree to follow terms and conditions and trade to the spirit and letter of the law.
Motor Trade Partnership terms and conditions (pdf 160kb)
Members will pass an audit before being admitted to the partnership to ensure the strict terms and conditions are being met.
Motor Trade Partnership audit form (pdf 84kb)
Members must have adequate systems in place to ensure vehicles are accurately described, correctly priced and sold in a roadworthy condition.
Members must have an effective customer complaints procedure. Each member will have a dedicated "complaints contact", whose contact will be readily available.
In addition, there are particular requirements for each Group:
New vehicle sales (Group A)
- Vehicles for sale or an equivalent demonstration will be available for a test drive at no extra cost
Used vehicle sales (Group B)
- MOT certificates must be valid for a minimum of 6 months
- All used vehicles will be checked for accurate mileages and descriptions and any adverse history will be declared
- Any vehicle for sale shall be available for a test drive at no extra cost to the consumer
Repairs and servicing (Group C)
- No work will be carried out without the customer’s permission
- An estimate for costs of work will be given prior to any work commencing
- Parts replaced during the repair will be made available to the consumer where practicable
- Used or reconditioned parts will only be used if agreed with the customer first